Friday, December 16, 2011

Buckeye Park and Ride Ribbon Drive Thru

I just noticed how the bus message board says "Special".  Yesterday was a  SPECIAL day.  December 15, 2011 marked the completion of The Town of Buckeye Park and Ride.  Serbin Studio was the architect of record for this project.  Mayor "Jackie" Meck is seated in the bus drivers' seat.  

I hid under the silo separating sugar packs for the coffee from Dunkin Donuts and Donuts from Fresh in Buckeye.  There were about 100 +/- people who showed up at 9:00am for the event. I liked how Deanna K. Kupcik, President of the Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce removed the 5' tall scissors from the table and told me that the Transit Bus was going to drive through the ribbon instead.

Verylene Meck speaking with Jeffrey Serbin *looking quite dashing* under the Silo.  She is always after me to wear red lipstick. She seemed happy that I cranked it up to bright pink.  She was irked that I wore pink lipstick with my hand knitted red scarf though.

The lovely Sharlyn Hohman, Grand Dame of Goodyear, Arizona.  I made sure she got the invite. She is the President of the Southwest Valley Chamber of Commerce.  She was beaming this morning at the Bill Jonson's morning breakfast.  Thank you for coming Sharlyn!

The sweet lady in the red sweater is Pat Rovey, past President of Buckeye Women's Club.  Her cousin Dwight supplied the Silo.  Goodyear Councilmember Joe Pizzilo with Dunkin Donuts coffee.  The gorgeous lady in the coral jacket is Amara Pederson, Marketing Goddess with Hunter Contracting.  Amara pick up the donuts.  Thanks Amara! 

This reporter from the Arizona Republic actually interviewed me! What the Halo?! Did anyone pick up the paper today? I still need to go check.  I was a bit tongue tied but then I just focused on a mountain in the distance and all the metaphors came at once. Rapido!

Give it up for the men's fashion!  Buckeye Councilmember Craig Heustis on the right is killing it with the fedora and trench.  Goodyear Councilmember Gary Gelzer was BOMB *can't believe I just went to Cabelas to look up what that hat is called*! 

There is Jackie, Mayor Meck posing for the millions of cameras.  Nice hair lady.

I was definitely happy and pleased.  Sean Banda the Associate Planner for Town of Buckeye and I posed with our pointy shoes. He was rocking turquoise socks but you can't see them.

Special thanks to everyone that came.  Thank you to Hunter Contracting, Overton Builders, W.C. Scoutton and Town of Buckeye who made this project happen! 

1 comment:

  1. You are Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete