Monday, February 25, 2013

Farm House



I like this farmhouse very much.  I went with the intention of capturing the glow from the sunset since the front of this charming house faces directly west.  I sat on a sun beaten wood plank that lay across the flowing canal across the lonely road.  It was so peaceful sitting there, no cars passed the house and I for as long as I was there.   This house is isolated on a vast expanse of bright green fields with mature trees directly east and south to give it a quaint setting.  Sitting alone in a field can be uncomfortable, I am sure of that.

Like a vulture surveying it's prey I crept closer to the porch.  The solid wood door was charming and had modest dental trim.  Bright green weeds were a vivid accent playing behind the teeth of the ancient deck chairs.  The deck chairs were a weather hardened pair with one holding an ancient woven poncho and the other a phone book with faded yellow pages still turned to the same page by whomever was last sitting there.  When I peered into the window next to the chair there was an upright piano.  When I look at this image all I want to do is sit with some friends on the porch drinking home made lemonade, listening to a banjo and watch the sunset.

I thank Stephen Bales of Bales Hay to tell me about the history of this house.  Originally, it was the home to J.G. Osborn who worked for Bales Hay located in Buckeye for 15-20 years. The house sits next to Liberty Cemetery.

The 120-plus-year-old Liberty Cemetery is located on 207 Avenue south of MC85.  The land, donated by Clem Collins in 1885, was located next to the Free Methodist Church.  The first burial, in 1885, was for Norma Jones, daughter of W.W. Jones.  There are approximately 590 internments, with the last burial being Jose Ruan in 1992.  Buckeye pioneer Thomas Newton Clanton is also buried there.  Images of America, Buckeye, by Verlyne Meck.

No comments:

Post a Comment