Sunday, March 4, 2012

It's a Nancy Drew Thing



Now I am into Delibes Lakme', Sutherland Vanzo Baxquier, Orchestre National de l'Opera de Monte-Carlo by Richard Bonynge that was composed in the late 17th century.  Yes, I bought the whole score of 17 pieces.  I don't know what the hell they are singing about but it relaxes me.  I really bought it for #5 Dome Epais (Flower Duet) but I am seeing there is a bit of flower in all the compositions.  This is not a singing in the shower soundtrack. It sounds like what you would hear if the stars could sing.

What was I most proud of last week?  


  Ideas are the best when they are created by a group.  This is a sketch scribbled in my Nancy Drew pocket notepad that I bought from the The Writers' Workshoppe  in Port Townsend.  If you are a regular on this blog you know what I am talking about.  I knew this notepad would attract great ideas.  At first I was afraid to use a small, lined, rounded cornered paper with Nancy Drew climbing on a tile roof. 

I was measuring this crumbly window in the West Building of the Center for the Arts Building taking some measurements.  Ran, the Superintendant with Brycon Construction busted through the swinging doors and caught me in the act.  He thought my idea of hanging fused glass with big clunky steel eyes was just cheesy.  "What about using a zig zag crimped metal like on the edge of trampolines?" Ran said with a twinkle in his eye.   Then I thought of my days of beading when you secure the end of a neckace with a metal crimp.  Ran added springs on the ends.   We had one of those ahah moments. 


Couldn't you just see some coffee mugs suspended by wire cable. I mean WHOAH!  Artists who have taken pottery, glass and metals classes can change out the art in the opening with pottery pieces, fused glass or small furry animals.   The natural light will create nice patterns in the stair well.  People will start passing notes in class. 


City of Phoenix, Center for the Arts West Building Addition

It is pretty raw right now but you get the idea.  The zig zag wire will be welded to each side of the opening.  It is actually getting built! Wonderland! Chutes and Ladders! Yahtzee!  Bingo! Woohoo!  Kitten heels on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment